Baby Car Seat Buying Guide
Baby car seat buying guide
Baby car seat buying guide is prepared with a view to make parents knowledgeable on its use and care. Everything on use and care of a baby car seat is explained meticulously. Parents should have good knowledge on the use of car seats which will enable them in keeping the baby safe and secure.
DO AND DON’TS
- Never place a child rear facing in a seating position with an active frontal airbag.
- Placing your child in in a hot child restraint may result in burns; be careful.
- Never take your child out of the child seat while the vehicle is moving.
- Do not use a child restraint with damaged or missing parts.
- Do not use cut or damaged harness.
- Never leave your child unattended.
- Do not lubricate buckles and fasteners.
- Do not substitute parts or try to fiddle with the child restraint in any way.
- Never allow any child to play or fiddle with the child restraint. Keep it protected.
- Do not remove or cover up any of the warning labels or other labels on the child seat.
- Do not use the child seat beyond the expiration date.
- The child seat is to be used rear facing with children weighing 4-35 pounds (1.8-16 kg).
WARNINGS – NOT TO BE IGNORED
- Do not use the child seat rear-facing if the top of your child’s head is within 1 inch (2.5 cm) from the top of the child restraint.
- Ensure correct harness height as per your child’s size.
- Double-check to make sure you have reinstalled the harness system correctly.
- Do not put snowsuits or bulky garments on your child when placing him in the child seat.
- Bulky clothing can prevent the harness straps from being tightened properly. The child could not be secured well.
- Never try to place a child rear facing in a seating position with an active frontal airbag. This can result in serious injury or death in case of any collision with airbag crushing the baby.
- Always use child restraint with a pad.
- Use the child seat only on vehicle seats that face forward. Do not use on seats that face the sides or rear of the vehicle.
- Failure to fasten and tighten the harness system correctly and loosely can result in serious injury or death.
- Study shows that children are safer when properly restrained in rear seat positions than in the front seating positions.
- Use the car seat as a carrier for children weighing 4-35 pounds (1.8-16 kg).
- The carrying handle must be upright and locked when carrying and when installed in the vehicle
- Never use carrier unless child is properly secured.
- Never leave child unattended. Always keep child within arm’s reach.
- Do not use the carrier if it is damaged or broken, or if any parts are missing.
- Strangulation Hazard: Never leave the children with loose or partially buckled straps to save the child from strangulation. Fully restrain the child even when the carrier is used outside the vehicle.
- Suffocation Hazard: Never place carrier on soft surfaces like bed or sofa. Infant carrier can roll over on soft surfaces and suffocate the child.
- Fall Hazard: Child makes a lot of movement. Be wary of it. Child’s movement can slide the carrier. Never place carrier near edges of tables or other elevated surfaces.
Best Baby Car Seat Reviews
We bring you some of the best baby car seat. The reviews are on best infant car seat, to booster seat, to convertible car seat. All the seats are rigorously crash tested to give you the peace of mind.
Why pay more when you have this beautiful, sturdy, ultra-lightweight, safe, crash-tested, environment friendly rear facing car seat at the most attractive price.
- Ultra lightweight rear facing car seat. It is too light even with the base attached. It weighs 7.5 pounds. You can use Snugride 35 until your child is up to 35 lbs and 32 inches. This makes you to use the Snugride 35’s little more when compared to other car seats and also compensates for any added cost by saving you upgrades.
- Click-connect Technology. It provides a secure, one-step attachment between infant car seats to all Graco Click Connect Strollers. The “click” sound lets you know that it is securely attached.
- Easy to install. This rear facing car seat is ultra-light and easy to install. It is equipped with LATCH for hassle-free installation. No installation guesswork as it comes with easy-to-read level indicator. This makes you feel confident and safe.
- Rotating canopy provides shade and sun protection for baby, adding to your child’s comfort and safety to eyes.
- 5-point, front-adjust harness makes movement of the baby in and out of the car seat too easy.
- Removable newborn head support helps with cushioning and gives proper support to baby’s head.
- This car seat is rigorously crash tested to meet or exceed U.S. safety standards.
The Graco Milestone All-in-1 Convertible Car Seat grows along with your child. It is 3-in1 for comfort at every stage of a child’s growth. The seat is convertible with rear-facing (5-40 pounds), forward-facing (20-65 pounds), and a belt-positioning booster (30-100 pounds). The Simply Safe Adjust Harness System makes all these possible. It has 4-position recliner to keep your child comfortable. The InRight LATCH system makes installation easy – a one-second attachment. The seat is rigorously crash tested to give you the peace of mind with this unique product. The Milestone remains a smart choice.
- Easy Adjust. The Simply Safe Adjust Harness System easily adjusts the height of harness and headrest in one motion as per the height and weight of the child. This fits infants of 5-40 pounds rear-facing in a harness, fits toddlers 20-65 pounds forward-facing in a harness and fits youth 30-100 pounds in a high back belt-positioning booster. This enables you to save a lot on costs as you do not have to change this with your growing child.
- No rethread. You don’t have to remove and rethread the harness straps. It is simple, convenient and easy. You can do all with just one hand.
- Click-connect Technology. Graco Milestone All-in-1 Convertible Car Seat provides a secure, one-second install with a “click” sound that lets you know that it is securely attached.
- 5-point harness. The 5-point harness is extended to fit children up to 65 pounds which keeps them harnessed longer. 5-point harness is recommended by American Academy of Pediatric when child is forward-facing.
- 4-position recline. This helps keep your growing child comfortable always, bit it rear-facing or forward-facing.
- A removable cupholder. This keeps your child’s drink closer.
- Washable seat cover. You can wash the seat cover without even removing the harness.
- Graco Milestone All-in-1 Convertible Car Seat is leightweight at 20 pounds.
- Graco Milestone All-in-1 Convertible Car Seat is engineered and crash tested to meet or exceed US standard FMVSS 213. The steel-reinforced frame provides strength and durability for years.