Best Lactation Cookies
- 1 Best lactation cookies – Chocolate chip cookies recipe
- 1.0.1 Ingredients:-
- 1.0.2 Instructions:-
- 1.0.3 FAQ
If you are looking to increase your milk supply these are the best lactation cookies that will serve your purpose. You will be amazed how wonderfully these cookies have worked on you. These cookies are delicious, very soft and chewy and full of chocolates. You will relish the taste of coconut. This is a special recipe for a nursing mother as this boosts milk supply and promotes lactation.
Oats, fennel, brewer’s yeast, fenugreek seeks and flaxseeds are considered to be galactogogues. Galactogogues are foods which promotes lactation.
Brewer’s Yeast is used a lot by nursing moms in their diet to increase their milk supply. The Brewer’s Yeast is good for digestion as well as cardiovascular health. It promotes healthy weight as well as supports lactation in nursing mothers. The ingredients like oats, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds, cinnamon, vanilla extract, honey and coconut will add flavor to the cookie which will make you relish its taste and enjoy its health benefits.
Nursing mothers should eat healthy diet. Nursing your baby frequently is very important to increase the milk supply. If a baby is not nursing the breast does not get stimulated and the milk supply gradually decreases. Remember nursing your baby is a key for increased milk supply.
Prep Time: 20 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins
- 2 cups oats
- 4 tsp Brewer’s Yeast
- 2 tsp fenugreek seeds (roasted and grounded – don’t over roast it, as it will make the cookies taste bitter)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (grounded)
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted or organic butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup buckwheat kernels
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
This should make around 24 cookies. Store them in an air-tight jar to preserve its quality.
- In a bowl beat sugar and butter together until it becomes creamy. Add melted coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, almond butter and eggs to it and mix.
- In a separate bowl mix oats, grounded fennel seeds, grounded fenugreek seeds, cinnamon, flaxseeds, coconut, buckwheat kernels, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly mix the ingredients of both the bowls together. Give it a nice mix using your hand. You can add water to it if necessary. See that the dough remains soft.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the dough for 15 minutes.
- Using a scoop, scoop dough in equal sizes. Place the balls onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Press them slightly to give them the shape of a cookie.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F (180 degrees C). Bake them for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Stress and lactation
Stress plays a vital role in milk production as with increased stress the level of prolactin hormone produced by the body goes down thus inhibiting the milk production. Try to remain as much stress free as possible.
You can listen to these to keep yourselves stress free. Relish the music!!
Absolutely, no issues with stealing away a couple of these tasty cookies.
You can eat 3-4 cookies in a day. This will bring in a noticeable change in your supply of the milk. Brewer’s Yeast, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds, oats and coconut are some of the ingredients that definitely adds to the milk supply.
You will start noticing the change in your milk supply from the second day onward. You need to nurse frequently, remain stress free and take proper diet to make this cookie work really fast for you.